Gill Grassie will again chair this year's WS Intellectual Property Conference which will take place on Thursday 21 April. As we approach World IP Day with its theme of Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined, a range of recognised specialist speakers will deliver an essential legal and technical update on patents, covering Unitary Patents, the Unified Patent Court and Patent Box. John Noble, Director of the British Brands Group will also chair a panel session on brand protection and will be joined by Shelley Watson, formerly of Chivas Brothers and Stephen Taylor of Irn Bru brand owners A G Barr plc.
Speakers and session topics include:
- Catherine Stihler MEP (EU Digital Single Market)
- Ross Nicol (Partner, Maclay Murray & Spens LLP) on the implications of UPC for contracts and licensing agreements
- Tim Hargreaves (Partner, Marks & Clerk) and Donald McNab (Principal Associate, Marks & Clerk) on the UPC and Unitary Patents – where are we now and practicalities for clients
- Andrew A Holloway (Manager, Grant Thornton UK LLP) on the Patent Box
- Martin Sloan (Partner, Brodies LLP) on data protection, Big data, Talk Talk and Schrems
- Brands panel with John Noble (Director, British Brands Group), Stephen Taylor (Senior Company Solicitor, A.G. Barr plc) and Shelley Watson (Managing Director, Beaumont Watson Consulting Limited)
- Mark Cruickshank (Associate, Brodies LLP) on the EU Trade Marks Directive
- Writers to the Signet: £ 120 + VAT
- Non-member: £ 180 + VAT
- Trainee/student: £ 80 + VAT
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library.
CPD: 3 hours (Law society of Scotland)
Bookings can be made here. For more information please contact Nicole Hatch WS