A practical guide to charity law in Scotland
In association with Standard Life Wealth
This year, the popular charities conference, has a legal and regulatory focus. The programme reflects the chapters and topics covered in the new charity law textbook published in September 2016 – A Practical Guide to Charity Law in Scotland (Sweet & Maxwell).
The conference will be chaired by Alastair Keatinge WS (Head of Charities and Social Enterprise, Lindsays). The keynote address will be given by the book's editor, James McNeill QC (Axiom Advocates).
Other speakers include:
- Colin Liddell WS, Partner, J & H Mitchell
- Julie Hutchison WS, Charities Specialist, Standard Life Wealth
- Jandy Stevenson, Consultant, Henderson Loggie
- Gavin McEwan WS, Partner, Turcan Connell
- The importance of charities in Scotland in 2017 and beyond
- Setting up charities, new structures and the appetite for new projects
- Charity assets, investment and cross border issues
- The policy and charity governance aspects of investing
- Charity trustees – what’s new and what to expect
- Trading subsidiaries
- Variations, amalgamations and reorganisations
- WS member: £150 + VAT
- Non-member: £200 + VAT
- Trainee/student: £80 + VAT
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library.
CPD: 3 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS.
This event is kindly supported by