John Watson’s Trust
THE JOHN WATSON'S TRUST REGISTERED IN SCOTLAND CHARITY NO SC014004 REG OFFICE AT THE SIGNET LIBRARY, PARLIAMENT SQ, EDINBURGH EH1 1RF
To award grants for educational purposes to children and young people under the age of 21 who have a physical or learning disability or who are socially disadvantaged.
WHO MAY APPLY
- Both individuals and organisations.
- The Trust operates primarily within Edinburgh and the Lothians but grants may be awarded Scotland-wide depending on each individual case.
- The Trust cannot routinely accept requests for day school or university fees, but grants are occasionally made for funding school expenses such as equipment, outings and tuition. School boarding fees may qualify for grants in exceptional cases where personal circumstances make boarding necessary.
EXAMPLES OF GRANTS
- Dyslexia tuition
- School trips (must be applied for by the school and not individuals)
- Bus passes
- School expenses such as books and equipment
- Laptops where there is a special education need
HOW TO APPLY
Next applications deadlines for 2018 are:
25 May; 3 August; 2 November.
Check which of the following applications applies to you.
- Applications cannot be considered without supporting letters from professionals such as teacher, social workers or GPs. They need to explain why funding is required.
- Should you prefer to send a hard copy application, please use the online application form linked above and press 'print' instead of 'submit'. Then send your application with all required supporting documents to The John Watson's Trust, for the attention of James Hamilton.
Teachers – School trips
Schools may apply for help towards individuals or classes attending an educational outing or residential trip.
Awards for boarding fees may be given in exceptional cases where personal circumstances make boarding a necessary option. Applications cannot be considered without two supporting letters from professionals such as a teachers, social workers or GPs.
Caroline Docherty WS, Andrew Cochrane, Cllr Alison Dickie, Fraser Falconer, Robin Garrett WS, Maureen Grant, John Harding-Edgar WS, Susie Jamieson, Kenneth Mackay WS, Richard Murray WS, Karen Phillips WS, Gordon Wylie WS.
Clerk and Treasurer
Anna Bennett WS
TO MAKE A GIFT OR DONATION
All contributions are welcome. For further information, or a gift aid donation form, please contact Anna Bennett WS.
If you have any questions about John Watson’s Trust, contact James Hamilton.