This conference is the leading update for solicitors involved in commercial litigation and ADR in Scotland. The programme provides a comprehensive update on the legal and practice changes over the year. As before, the event is run in collaboration with Axiom Advocates and is chaired by Sheila Webster WS (Davidson Chalmers).
- Sheriff William Holligan
- Joyce Cullen WS (Partner, Brodies)
- Chris Mackay WS (Partner, Burness Paull)
- Richard Farndale (Director, Burness Paull)
- Alastair Duncan QC (Axiom Advocates)
- Alasdair Burnett (Terra Firma)
- Sheriff Holligan’s view from the bench
- Judicial Review – the permission test
- DRPs and Arbitration – legal practice session
- Contract interpretation – a discussion on dilapidations and Arnold v Britton
- Case law update – the top 5 cases of 2016
- Writer to the Signet: £120 + VAT
- Non-member: £180 + VAT
- Trainee/student: £80 + VAT
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library.
CPD/TCPD: 3 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS.
This conference is kindly supported by