The WS Society and STEP Scotland joint conference for private client lawyers and advisers returns on 4 October. This year’s programme focuses on older clients, with a range of speakers covering legal, practical and tax planning matters to update professionals working directly with older people. The programme will include a session examining the broader issues of the physiological change in ageing, population and demographic challenges, and the perspectives of older people. The event is supported by Solicitors for the Elderly in Scotland.
- Sheriff Fiona Reith QC
- Sebastian Burnside (Chief Economist, RBS)
- Alan Barr (Partner, Brodies)
- Alix Storrie (Partner, Turcan Connell)
- Heather Smith (Age Scotland)
- Elspeth Paget (Partner, Gillespie Macandrew)
- Dorothy Kellas (Partner, Gilson Gray)
- Tiana Moran (Director, Tilney)
- The Guardianship Court and AWI Practice Group
- An ageing population – the challenges of a changing demographic
- An update on geriatric medicine for lawyers and professional advisers
- Professional practice and everyday issues arising from advising elderly clients (and their families)
- All you need to know about benefits for older people
- Capital tax round up
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library.
CPD: 3.5 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS.
This event is supported by