Scottish food and drink is recognised at home and across the world. The sector is a vital component of a healthy Scottish economy. In this new event for 2018, experts from industry and leading lawyers will look at the current regulatory regime, and the opportunities for this valuable industry in the future. The conference programme will cover the relationship between the legal, business and policy agendas for the sector. The event will also feature a panel discussion between in-house lawyers representing food and drink companies.
- George Burgess (Head of Food, Drink & Trade, Scottish Government)
- Aidan O’Neill QC
- Charles Livingstone (Partner, Brodies)
- George Frier (Head of Food & Drink Group, Shepherd + Wedderburn)
- Thembe McInnes (Legal Manager, Whyte & Mackay Ltd)
- Julie Barr (General Counsel, A.G. Barr plc)
- Ruth Hunter (Corporate & Competition Legal Counsel, Heineken UK)
- Lucy Strachan (Deputy Group Legal Counsel, Baxters Food Group Ltd).
- Bruce Beveridge WS (CEO, BSAS)
(Further speakers to be announced soon)
- The Policy Agenda – domestic legislation and the withdrawal from the EU.
- Food and drink manufacturing – a thriving industry at home and abroad
- Minimum pricing of alcohol: an analysis of the landmark case of SWA v The Lord Advocate  UKSC 76
- Developments in regulation – imports/exports, labelling and particular nutritional uses
- Recalls and the role of the FSA
- Panel session – the key issues from inside the industry
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library
CPD: 3 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS
This event is supported by