This conference aims to equip PI lawyers with the technical and legal knowledge to adapt to the numerous recent changes in this area, and to prepare for more. The programme addresses the developing protocols and jurisprudence of the All Scotland Sheriff PI Court, from both the pursuers’ and defenders’ perspectives. The conference also features an update on quantum and case law in the Court of Session.
- Sheriff Kenneth McGowan
- Fraser Simpson WS (Partner, Head of Industrial Disease Departments, Digby Brown)
- Peter Demick (Partner, Brodies)
- Iain Nicol (Partner, Balfour + Manson)
- Robert Milligan QC (Compass Chambers)
- Dawn McCafferty (Partner, Digby Brown)
- Steve Laing (Advocate, Compass Chambers)
- Mark Traynor (Director, Alex Quinn and Partners)
- A view from the bench on court reform: 2 years of the All Scotland Sheriff PI Court
- Defenders’ perspectives on All Scotland Court
- Pursuers’ perspectives on All Scotland Court
- An update on quantum
- The emerging jurisprudence of the new court: recent decisions and their impact
- The top 3 PI cases of 2016/17
- Recent developments in PI costs accounting and recovery of expenses
- WS member: £150 + VAT
- Non-member: £200 + VAT
- Trainee/student: £80 + VAT
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library.
CPD: 3 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS.
This event is kindly supported by